Chloe's Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My first ambulance ride

Yesterday was a scary day for me. It started out nice, because it was a snow day, so Daddy got to stay home from work.

But then, Mommy and Daddy gave me my first taste of formula, and within a few minutes, I started feeling very sick. I vomited, broke out into hives and had trouble breathing. Mommy called 9-1-1. Mommy was pretty shaken up, so I decided to calm down and try to feel better. The ambulance and fire truck came pretty quickly, and by the time they got here, I was already feeling a little better and breathing a little easier. But, they still took me in the ambulance. They were really nice. When we got to the hospital, Daddy met us there, and gave me a big smile. I was happy Mommy and Daddy were there holding my hands.

The doctor and nurses were very nice, even though they kept poking me. It turns out that I had an anaphylactic reation to the dairy in the formula. Mommy found out the hard way that I am very allergic to milk. Now we have to go to more doctors appointments to see what else I am allergic too. Hopefully not too much.

Anyway, I am OK today, and Daddy says that's all that matters.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger snoopy said…

    Chloe, you are very brave. I'm so relieved that you are better!

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Yoshimi said…

    "anaphylactic" is a very big word! Did you get to run the siren? Did you get to stab the doctors back? It's only fair. I'm happy you are okay.

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your parents told us the story over dinner and we all felt so sad for you and them. Thank goodness all is better now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home