Chloe's Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2005

I am my mother's child.

Yesterday, we had a holiday party. There were about 40 people here, including a lot of my friends from the neighborhood, and a lot of Mommy's and Daddy's friends. It was loud. Very loud. At first I liked it. I dressed up in my pretty red dress, and showed everyone how I can sit and play. But as more and more people got here, and it got louder and louder, I didn't really like it. Lots of people were looking at me and touching my pretty shoes. I cried. Then, Mommy turned me to face her and the wall. I smiled and laughed. Mommy turned me around and I saw the people. I cried. Mommy turned me around to look at the wall. I smiled and laughed. She tried turning around again. I cried again. hmph.

It reminded me of a story that Uncle Al told me about my mom when he visited a couple weeks ago. Uncle Al said that once, he and my Aunt Judy went to dinner at my mom's house. She was just 5 years old. She hid in the closet. My Nana made her come out and eat dinner. But, she didn't want to see the people, so she sat backwards on the chair.

Yes, I am my mother's child.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great blog! It will have to become part of my regular reading.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Yoshimi said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Yoshimi said…

    Whoops I'm having problems commenting. I need Mommy's help. I just wanted to say I like your blog! We can be blog buddies. I need to more often.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home